Sunday, September 6, 2009

Behind Wee Love Baking

I'm full time a cake designer and I consider myself very lucky that I am able to wake up every day and do a job that I love. I took a cake decorating course a couple of years ago as a hobby and in the process discovered my passion for cake decorating and sugar art and have not looked back!

Like most cake artists, I started by baking and designing cakes for my friends who were very supportive and encouraged me to start my own business... and so that was how Sharon Wee Creations was started. For 2 years, I worked full time in a corporate job while running Sharon Wee Creations on the side. How did I do it? Lots of late nights! And finally about 6 months ago, after suffering from lack of sleep and stress, I decided one of them had to stop. So I made the decision to resign from my job to focus on my passion for cakes and I have no regrets!

It's a great journey and in between designing cakes for my clients and teaching, I also love making desserts. I get excited when I get to experiment with new flavours, cooking methods and most of all eating it:)

I love design and anything that is colourful. Cake decorating is such a passion for me because I get to combine two of my favourite things - creating/designing as well as working with sweets.

I consider each of my creations as works of art, and regardless of how big or small, they are all created with great care and attention to detail and designed exclusively for my clients. After all, whether it's for a wedding, birthday, christening, anniversary or just because, I believe my creations should tell a story, reflect that special occasion and be talked about long after they have been consumed.

I started my blog - Wee Love Baking to connect with people around the world and to showcase my journey and experiments with baking and decorating.

If you have any questions or simply would like to say hello please email me at: creations@sharonwee.com.au


<-- Head back to Wee Love Baking


No comments:

Post a Comment